The College of Physical Activity and Sport Sciences, in partnership with the Division of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion and the WVU Brazilian Student Association, will celebrate the spirit of sport, friendship and inclusiveness during Diversity Week 2016 by sponsoring the Diversity Cup – Five vs. Five Coed Soccer Tournament.
This tournament will take place on Saturday, October 8 and Sunday, October 9 on the turf fields located in front of the CPASS building on the Evansdale Campus. Registration is free and open to all WVU undergraduate and graduate students.
To register go to: http://bit.ly/1UrZ71M
TOURNAMENT HIGHLIGHTS:The Diversity Cup is a double elimination tournament. Only
16 teams will participate in the Cup.
- Registration is available on a first come, first serve basis ending on Sunday October
1 at midnight, or when the first 16 teams are registered.
- The team captain is responsible for completing the registration form.
- There is a maximum roster size of 8 players and teams play 5 v 5
- A minimum of ONE player on the field at all times for each team must be from the
opposite gender (e.g. 1 female and 4 males or 4 females and 1 male).
- Each team must create its own name.
- Tentative play schedule time: Saturday, October 8, 2 - 8 p.m.; Sunday, October
9, 1 - 4 p.m.
For more information and to access the complete Diversity Cup tournament rules visit the CPASS website, cpass.wvu.edu, or contact Byron Towner, CPASS PETE program, firstname.lastname@example.org .